Poached Lemon Sole with Smoked Salmon
Prep time Cooking time
5 minutes 10-12 minutes
4 lemon sole fillets
12 chestnut mushrooms
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
salt and pepper
Sauteed potatoes (to serve)
Port Sauce Ingredients
75ml red wine vinegar
140g butter, diced and chilled
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp chopped chives
- Cut the leeks into 1cm slices as far as the light green tops, rinse well and separate into rings.
- Bring all ingredients to the boil, then turn to simmer until leeks are just tender, approximately 6 minutes.
- Trim the stems and slice the mushrooms, cook in 1tbsp of oil until tender, season.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sweat the shallots and garlic without colouring until softened, add the port and vinegar and boil rapidly until reduced to about 2tbsp remain. Add the cream and cook until slightly thickened.
- Reduce the heat to low and start to add the diced butter a little at a time whisking constantly, once all the butter is incorporated, strain the sauce and adjust the seasoning to taste, add the chives.
Lemon Sole Poaching Instructions
- Spoon a mixture of the leeks and mushrooms in the centre of the plates and place a bass fillet on top, spoon around the port sauce. Serve with sauteed potatoes.