Prawns and Scallops Butternut Squash
Prep time Cooking time
5 minutes 13-15 minutes
16 king prawns or prepared langoustine
3 garlic cloves or a spoonful of chopped garlic
300g risotto rice
1 litre of fish stock or vegetable stock cube dissolved in a litre of boiling water
1 chopped onion
1 butternut squash
2 rashers of bacon
- Peel the butternut squash and finely chop it into chunks before boiling it in a saucepan. After 10 minutes drain the water and mash the butternut squash down to form a paste consistency. (Or blitz in a food processor)
- Take some oil and in a wok or frying pan, add the chopped bacon, onions and garlic.
- Add all the rice and quarter of the stock and stir for 4-5 mins or until the rice absorbs the stock, then add more stock and keep cooking and stirring gently until all the rice absorbs all the stock. Add the butternut puree and keep cooking gently, cook until the rice is just cooked (More stock may need to be added)
- In a separate pan add in the prawns and cook for a few minutes before adding the scallops and cooking for a minute on each side.
- Dish up risotto, and place the scallops and prawns on top and finish the dish off with finely chopped chives to garnish.